ONLY 50 HOURS SINCE MAJOR OVERHAUL
2016/1988 FOUNTAIN 40 LIGHTNING
Come see this Fountain 40 built by Reggie Fountain at our store – Old school with NEW Power!
Completely refitted in 2016. Twin 598 CC motors with 1071 Blowers 1,000 hp each and runs on 93 Octane. DART heads + transmissions Speedmaster Surface Drives 105+ MPH boat as per owner. Less than 50 hours since overhaul. Custom paint job. JL Audio. Shorepower.
Motors have less 50 hours since rebuild
- 598 cubic inch 1000 HP
- 1071 Blowers were redone in July of 2017 by the Blower Shop
- BOOST 5
- Crank shaft is Eagle 4500 — 7.1 compression
- Dart cylinder heads with 230 valves
- Outdrives SSM # 4 1.5 gear
- Props 29×17 1/2
- Bam transmissions
- Competition CAM
- JE pistons inverted dome stroke 4.000 / Rod length 6.385 Comp height 1-395
- LATHAN Steering tie bars
- NEW PAINT 2017
- 15 gallon fresh water tank
- 2x 115 gallon fuel tanks
- Runs on 93 Octane
As per owner this is a105 MPH boat @ 5,700 RPM. He never took it over that but plenty left on throttles he says.
The hull is a Fountain 40 that the factory later stretched out to a 47 – one of Reggie’s unique hulls (the 40). The year after they added the swim platform and called this the 42 Lighting.